Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tuesday Simple Woman's Daybook Entry....


Outside my window…33.1 degrees...Light gray skies, the aftermath of a rainy weekend.

I am thinking…about how impacting the book "Dance of the Dissident Daughter" was in my life, and seeing how the impact is spreading...and loving it!!!

I am thankful for…no fighting with the hubby so far this week...

From the kitchen…hamburgers last night, smothered in cheese...

I am wearing…black slacks, black socks and shoes, navy blue polo top and a tan sweater.

I am creating…or, seeking to align with…peace, every time I don’t retaliate, don’t defend, don’t resent, don’t escalate...this is my highest goal.

I am going…to continue in growth, in prayer, in reading, in improving...

I am hoping… that my father remains strong as he approaches death. And that I remain strong as my father approaches death.

I am hearing… some kind of machine out in the shop rumbling away.

Around the house… Getting ready for our move this summer, thinking of what to Freecycle, what to pack, sorting through things in my head.

One of my favorite things … Being able to walk well again, with so much less pain.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Husband's birthday is tomorrow, picking up a cake and some ice cream, maybe something nice to serve. Son is coming from the valley and bringing his girlfriend. Will be interesting.

Here is picture thought I am sharing… picture is attached at the top...I found this Russian Doll photo when researching the fact that Sue Monk Kidd used a Russian Nesting Doll image as a "mother" image. Because blue roses are so special to me, I, of course, had to have this one. I'm having a print made to hang in my altar area.

No comments: