Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sadness...


Sadness has become my underlying emotion lately.
Like a fog, it surrounds and permeates.
Like being in the dark, you grope around praying you find your way through.
You do not SEEK sadness, you do not WANT sadness, but there it is anyway.
You want it to go away
You scream, you plead, you pray, you weep...
Alas, it's still there each time you awake.
And lately, even in my dreams...

You decide not to be sad
You read books on how not to be sad...
You find it isn't that simple.
Not like a switch once turned on you turn off.
I guess I'll just have to wait it out,
knowing that there is sunshine out there...
somewhere...
even for me.

I hope.

5 comments:

Dena said...

I like knowing that the sun is always shining, even when I momentarily experience a cloud over my head ... skewing my perspective.

This seems to be a message to you, Debra ... perhaps open it, and read it, and let it speak to you.

Meanwhile, I can be with you, IN your sadness ... for I know what it feels like. (((Debra)))

I think of how our friend Kevin would put it ... observe it ... "woman experiencing sadness."

No shame in that ...

Shalom, Dena

Dena said...

to clarify: the sadness itself seems to be a message to you (my comment may be only blathering!)

Raymond said...

Maybe the thing that is behind it will become clear now that you've stopped trying to figure it out.

Anonymous said...

From Annie:

poignant, Debra. funny, i had the same thought Dena did and it reminded me of a verse from "road to Zion" by Petra...

sometimes a shadow dark and cold
lays like a mist across the road
but be encouraged by the sight
where there's a shadow there's a Light.

seeing you in the Light, Debra :) -Annie

MysticBlueRose said...

Thanks all...just writing it and having a few of you talk to me about it has helped lift the fog a bit. Today I feel better. :^)