A time to reflect, make changes and write new goals
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven…."—King Solomon, Ecclesiastes 3 vs. 1.
In the midst of all of the holiday hoopla, take some time out of your busy schedule to reflect on this past year, decide what you want to do differently in the new year and set some goals.
1. Take inventory of your life; what are you happy with, what would you like to change, in all areas of your life... physical, emotional,
mental, environmental, relationships, education...
2. Forgive yourself for any mistakes and promise yourself that you will learn from them.
3. Set new goals. Right them down and put them somewhere you will see them each day; your journal, or bulletin board, or on the refrigerator.
4. Make an action-step to do list... what steps can you take to realize your goals.
5. Be careful how you measure success. Make sure it's your success and not someone's standards.
6. Reward yourself for your success, even a simple pat on the back goes a long ways.