Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reposting from a friend of a friend's blog:

In case you feel called/led to help them with their international adoption:

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The art of fundraising

I have yet to learn this art. I must admit that I am very discouraged right now. Somewhere deep deep down I feel that God wants us to adopt Freddie, I feel it in every nerve and bone in my body, everything in our lives has pointed us here except for one HUGE area, the finances! I have tried so many ways to raise the funds and it just isn't happening and meanwhile a little boy is sitting on the other side of the world not realizing, not knowing that someone in this world DOES want him, that someone DOES love him and desires to hold him and give him a home.

I guess this is my way of begging or pleading with all of you that have ever read my blog. This is a need we have RIGHT NOW. Freddie needs a family, we heard that call to be his family and we NEED your help to make it happen. I may not know you and you may not know me, but that's OK, I haven't met Freddie yet and I know what I am supposed to do. I pray to God that he will provide us with the resources to complete this adoption and not leave Freddie over there an orphan any longer. I've experienced first hand what bringing home one of God's forgotten angels is like and we are so grateful that He has called us to do it again. What an honor to be trusted with so many of God's little angels, I don't know why He has trusted me so much, but He has, and I am so appreciative of that trust He has in me.

But, that brings us back to fundraising. Fundraising is all about numbers. Not just dollar signs (though that is the POINT of fundraising, LOL), but it's about the number of people that are aware. Now, I'm not naive, I know my blog following is much smaller than some others, but here is my effort to get the word out. If you are reading my blog (that's you!!!) and you post about the puzzle fundraiser on your blog and LINK back to me, you will earn a puzzle piece (leave me a comment linking me to your post and tell me what name you want on your piece...leave it in THIS posting). So, go, spread the word. Make your blog follows aware of Freddie's need, of our need.

Thank you all!!






No comments: