Tuesday, September 15, 2009

On working through anger...


Someone hurt my son this summer...someone we trusted not to do so. And I was LIVID that this person would take the innocence of my son and slime it with such poison and hate and anger. I've been working with my spiritual director on this issue and her assignment was to "work through the anger". Sigh...

First I thought, OK, I can make a dartboard and put her photo on it and throw darts at it...

Not very "working through"...

Then, I thought, I could take a photo of her and burn it...

Once again, not very "working through"...

So, instead I put together a dream/vision board of all the things I would like to see for her in her life. Because truly, if someone has health and joy and happiness and friends and family and money and flowers and good food and pets and a home, they should be able to find the kind of healing that would allow her not to hurt people anymore, right? That will be my prayer.

No comments: