Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An inspiration...


Yesterday, there was a family member I'd been praying for and thinking about all day. When I laid down to sleep last night, there she was, at the forefront of my mind, and suddenly I had an overwhelming rush of thoughts, which normally I try to go to sleep THROUGH and then try to remember in the morning...which never works. So I sat up and wrote the thoughts down...

The past is a ephemeral house you can haunt, but you can no longer live there. You can "see" the memories, but you cannot relive them or change them in any way.

The future is a house which is not yet built on shifting sand, changed by every decision we make (some small, some dramatic) in the now.

The NOW is the only house in which we can truly live.

Every kindness we show brings more light, joy & love into our now.

Every meanness we show brings darkness, pain & sorrow into our now.

Live your life as a shining beacon of love, kindness & compassion. Remember, each person you meet is carrying a heavy burden. Smile & lighten their burden.

Be kind & compassionate to yourself...

Be kind & compassionate to others...

Out of this kindness and compassion will grow great love...

3 comments:

Dena said...

Beautiful ...!

We live in the eternal NOW.

With the great I Am (not to be confused with the mythical "I Was ... too bad you missed it", or "I Will Be ... eventually").

I love being in this journey with you!

Shalom, Dena

Rose said...

Beautiful thoughts that shine with their truth.. thanks for sharing~

Unknown said...

Thank you. I love being in the journey with you also Dena. And I love sharing with you, Rose!