Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Pessimist, my new label...

Main Entry: pessimism Image
Pronunciation: 'pe-s&-"mi-z&m also 'pe-z&-
Function: noun
Etymology: French pessimisme, from Latin pessimus worst -- more at PEJORATIVE
1 : an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome
2 a : the doctrine that reality is essentially evil b : the doctrine that evil overbalances happiness in life
- pessimist Image /-mist/ noun

I've been told that I am a pessimist...and to confirm it I asked a couple other people who know me and they confirmed that often this is true. Especially about my marriage and life in general. This thought depresses me. To think that I was such a wide-eyed innocent who believed that everyone was good and that all things would work out in the end to someone that people perceive so negatively is almost more than I can bear...

No comments: